Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Threshermen's Reunion

This was an event I had never heard. What in the world is a Thresherman, and why do they have a reunion?

The reunion is mid-Americana throughout. It is strictly for those interested in farm equipment, and all forms of entertainment using same!

We arrived to see antique plowing machines competing in a large field. There were tractors everywhere. Sounds boring? Wrong. As we walked on we were entertained by a chainsaw sculpturing. That drew my eye and I sat for more then an hour watching a log grow into a bear!

There were the usual food vendors...yum.

Julie and I were entertained by a bluegrass band while Barry and Kenny enjoyed the tractor and truck pull. It was an afternoon of an event I had never heard of nor seen!

from the MABarry - over and out.




No comments: